Posts Tagged ‘beauty’
Apply Eyeliner Like A Professional
Many people think they already know how to apply eyeliner, and by all rights, they do a good job. In actuality, there is a big difference between the way you might apply eyeliner and the way a professional make-up artist does. Use these easy-to-follow steps and you can apply eyeliner like a professional make-up artist:
1. Select your eyeliner
An eyeliner must be applied near the base of your eyelashes. As there are varying products in the market such as cake eyeliner, liquid liner and pencil eyeliner, it is important to try each type so that you will know which type will best accentuate your own natural beauty. Also, to whatever type you prefer, practice the application so you can achieve a very fine line. Remember that it is not a pretty sight when you apply eyeliner in a very thick line. It will look harsh, at the same time loud, making your eyes as well as giving it a tired and heavy impression. Always bear in mind that a thin line is recommended – should you have any trouble applying it, a brush is helpful to smooth out the line and to blend it well.
Liquid eye liner.
Liquid eyeliners are recommended to be used and should only be used above the top of the eye lashes, whereas an eye shadow or an eye lining pencil is suggested to be used under the eyes lower lashes. This kind comes usually in a bottle with an application brush, almost similar to an ink. This requires great precision during application, but can be perfected through constant practice. A note to remember is to always let the liquid dry before you open your eyes after application – if not, the liquid may smear the top of your eyes and give you a raccoon look.
Eye liner pencil
The easiest to use, works just like colored pencil. As the tip of this liner is dry, it has a tendency of pulling your eyelids fragile tissues; stretching the eyelids when lining it could help a lot in achieving a smooth application. A note to remember, you should always sharpen the pencil before every application to eliminate any bacteria that has accumulated at the tip.
This is can be created through cosmetic surgery. This procedure is known as micro pigmentation, a technique that adds a defined line to the lid which with a handheld device used to puncture the skin several times a minute with a very thin needle that pushes color pigments to the position that is desired.
2. Apply the eyeliner
- Begin at the inner corner of your eye. Always be certain to use a light hand when applying your eyeliner, as the area around the eyes is very sensitive and delicate.
- Put on your eyeliner only after you have already applied an eye shadow. Doing it before an eye shadow application would only cover the eyeliner.
- To achieve a dramatic and intense look, a kohl pencil with a color can be applied above as well as below the lashes, and then followed with black or very dark gray liquid eyeliner at the top. This will give the impression of dark eye lashes and will stay on for the whole day. A dark colored eye-liner will highlight the eyes form and outline as well as give them a deep look.
- While holding your head back facing the mirror, look down so that your eyelids will become tight making it easier in applying and controlling the liner. When necessary, smudge.
- The eyes will seem larger when you make a line with a pencil under your lower lashes – instead try a dark eye shadow applied with the help of a tiny makeup brush, to give an illusion of darker and fuller eye lashes. Below such line, you need to apply also a thin line with a lighter shade of eye shadow, preferably white, yellow or beige to brighten up your eye area.
- Pencil liners may be used on both above the top lashes as well as under the lower lashes. Liquid eye liners however, must only be applied on the top lid. Cake eyeliners are applied with water and may be put on to both the top and so too the bottom of the lid.
- If you have beautiful green eyes, try putting on a violet smoky pencil that will enhance your eyes, since basing from the color wheel, violet and green are opposite, so they will compliment each other.
- Refer to nature when you are in a process of deciding on a color. Green, beige and burnt orange are autumn colors.
- Others prefer using an eye liner not only for the eyes, but the lips as well. Should you decide on this, an eye lining pencil will be most suitable for the application. Make sure though, that you choose a certain shade of somewhat reddish brown or orangey-brown or a brownish plum, to compliment and flatter your lipstick.
Mineral Makeup is the natural solution for any person looking for natural sunscreen this summer. Especially if you are looking for a gentle and safe sunscreen. Then look no further than your makeup bag for fabulous looking results and full spectrum sun protection.
Here are the top 3 reasons why mineral makeup should be your sunscreen of choice:
1. The two principal ingredients in mineral makeup are natural sunscreens, giving full range UVA and UVB sun protection.
Zinc oxide is the top ingredient in mineral makeup. Because it absorbs both UVA and UVB rays of ultraviolet light very effectively it is the most widely used ingredient in sunscreen products. This mineral helps protect against sunburn and other damage to the skin caused by ultra violet light.
Titanium dioxide is also widely used as a sunscreen. Because of it’s brightness and very high refractive index, next only to diamonds in brightness, this mineral added to mineral makeup gives your face a radiant glow.
2. Mineral Makeup helps fight acne. And that is very good news if you want to wear makeup out doors in the hot summer. If you have acne, then you probably know that wearing makeup and cosmetics when you are going to be sweating only aggravates and worsens your acne.
Mineral makeup is your solution. It is inorganic, and repels bacteria feeding moisture from entering your pores, yet the minerals are ground so that they lay weightlessly on your skin and do not clog the pores.
3. Mineral Makeup does not “melt”off your face when you sweat. Because it contains titanium dioxide, which turns the extra moisture into a strong steralizer, the moisture cannot be absorbed by the minerals and thus the makeup will not move or run off in the hot summer sun. This makeup stays put.
The steralizing effects of the makeup also give it a powerful punch in the acne fighting department. No wonder dermatologists love it, and call it “the skin care makeup.”
There are different varieties of face packs to keep you and your face healthy and young. These facial packs contain many healthful and beneficial substances and necessary vitamins that are necessary to keep your face skin glowing. These facial packs foster skin by improving its color and by cleaning and reducing interstice. Facial packs improve the blood circulation within the veins of the face. These facial packs are easy to use and you can take care of your face and neck well, at home.
The effect of any facial pack on face is only temporary, so it is a must to use face pack 2 to 3 time in a week time. A mix of face pack is needed to be prepared, just before it is required to use. A face pack is applicable only on clean skin and that too without any cosmetics on skin. Before applying facial you will need to take steam bath with chamomile, lime, sage, and peppermint.
If you have dry skin, take 5 to 10 minutes steam bath, atleast once in every two months.If you have oily skin, take steam bath about 15 minutes atleast twice in a month.
You can replace steam bath by warm compresses. In warm compress, a bath towel is moistened with extracts of different herbs and flowers. Then this moist towel is pushed on the face and neck gently and kept in contact until it turns cold.
There is a need of different face packs for different type of skins. If you have dry skin, use the extract of mint, petals of rose, jasmine, chamomile, lime, leaves of raspberry, strawberry and black current.
If you are dry skinned, your face pack will be; a mix of nettle, plantain, coltsfoot, calendula, aloe, St. John’s wart, eucalyptus, birch buds and milfoil.
No matter, what type of skin you have, you will need to apply the pack in the whole face and neck bottom up. Do not apply the face pack around your eyelids. After applying the face pack lie down and allow the pack to set for about 15 to 20 minutes. Use only low-neck pillow, so that your face do not elevate too much.
To remove the face pack, especially off fat skin, soften the water with boric acid and use lemon juice to acidify it. You also can use juices of orange, cranberries or red current etc for acidification. Take wads of cotton, dip it into acidified water and then use it to remove your face pack. If you have normal skin type, you can use herbal extracts, tea, milk, etc to remove your face pack.
You are strongly advised to not overdone your face pack, especially when it turns into a solid pellicle. Do not put face pack on your face for more than 15 to 20 minutes, otherwise it will cause strain and tiredness.
Use of face packs varies according to climate, skin type and age also. Face packs may be of different type, for example; face pack made of fruits or sour cream and cream etc.
No matter what type of face you have, the use of face pack will make your face skin shiny and glowing.